Thursday, June 23, 2016

My Trip to Seattle, Part 2

Well, I am certainly not meeting my goal of creating more blog posts! I can't believe there's only one more week left in June. Where has the time gone? I came down with a cold on Monday and worked from home Tuesday. Aren't summer colds awful? This one is relatively mild, as colds go. I hope it will be gone soon.

I wanted to share a few more photos from my trip to Seattle.

The first is a version of salad Nicoise prepared by my friend on my last night there. It featured boiled new potatoes, Kalamata olives, sauteed snap peas, hard boiled eggs, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, tuna and fresh greens. Delicious!



Very sweet (and very old) kitty curled up on soft sheepskin



Vibrant flowers at the Ballard Farmers Market



Isamu Noguchi's "Black Sun" sculpture in Volunteer Park


Tree in Volunteer Park


Colette (her sister looks just like her, but without the extra toes)


Lettuce and herb garden with dahlias on my friend's deck



 Mid-century style buffet in my friend's dining room (coveted)


Stunning view from a lovely Seattle neighborhood

2 comments:

  1. I'll take the tree and the buffet please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your travel posts. Your friends have a lovely house. It must be so wonderful to visit and catch up, and of course partake in the beautiful sights!

    I made a Niçoise salad for dinner last night. I arrange everything on a huge platter and let my guests go to town. I use Martha Stewart's Niçoise vinaigrette and give my boiled baby potatoes a little toss, as well as my salad greens. This is an "anything goes" sort of salad, and I don't limit myself to green beans and tuna, either. Yesterday we had asparagus and cold grilled chicken. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...