Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Coffee Smoothie


This refreshing, cold coffee smoothie is like a decadent drink you would order from your local barista, only it's easy (and inexpensive) to whip up in your blender right at home!

Coffee Smoothie

1) In a blender container, combine 1 teaspoon instant espresso with 1 tablespoon hot water. Let sit a minute, then add 1 small, frozen banana (cut into chunks), 1/2 cup skim milk and 1 tablespoon honey.


2) Cover and blend until smooth, adding a little milk if needed. Gradually add 1/2 cup ice and blend to desired consistency. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of cinnamon.

Side note: don't use as much cinnamon as I did ... I had to scoop some off the top before stirring the rest into my drink. Ah, delicious!



1 comment:

  1. This sounds positively delicious! Wish I had time to fix one this morning!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...