Friday, November 4, 2016

A New Magazine: The Magnolia Journal


I was at the grocery store yesterday and as I approached the checkout I spied the above magazine cover. Instantly recognizing Chip and Joanna Gaines of "Fixer Upper" fame, I was eager to take a peek. A quick flip through the pages of The Magnolia Journal's premier issue told me this was a magazine I was going to like. At $7.99, it's a bit of a splurge, but if a magazine has really good content and is one that I'll hold on to for a long time, I consider it worth the money.

When I got home, I quickly put away the groceries and immediately headed to the porch with my new magazine (postponing chores like laundry and emptying the dishwasher). I'm really impressed with the layout, the content and the writing and photography. I placed an order for a 2-year subscription. The spring 2017 issue will be the first mailed and should arrive in February. Unfortunately The Magnolia Journal is only a quarterly publication -- I wish it were at least bimonthly, it's that good. If you see it in your local store, be sure to check it out. Or subscribe online.

Have you visited the Magnolia Market website? There are lots of great things for sale ...


22" pinecone wreath, $85.00

Rustic wooden board, $54.00

8" round marble riser, $12.00

Seed & Supply sack, $10.00

Magnolia Silos shirt, $26.00

Joanna Gaines also has a blog called At Home with recipes, DIY projects, renovations and gardening tips. We don't have cable so I can't watch current episodes of "Fixer Upper" on TV, but I have watched many previous episodes online. In general I really like her style. Some of the accessories she uses aren't necessarily my taste, but the overall look is one that I really like.

Are you a fan of the show "Fixer Upper" or the Magnolia Market website or blog? If so, be sure to check out the new magazine. I think you'll love it!


This is not a sponsored post.
 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for that post...just ordered 4 Christmas gifts , easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia , Meant to mention another brand new Magazine. Southern Cottage. It's yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Karen. I'm having trouble finding that magazine online. Can you share their website?
      Claudia

      Delete
  3. I have the copy of Magnolia and am looking forward to their next issue to see the direction and inspiration it lends.

    See you soon.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased it in person at B&N. I saw it in another blog as a new Mag. I am wondering if that is indeed correct. It's sister publisher is Cottage & Bungalow. The cover says Holiday issue , makes me think perhaps it isn't a start up. If you email me with your address I will save you $11 and mail it to you the end of next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great info.: I will definitely try to buy. Of course, all I need is one more subscription...NOT! I love love that marble round. I've been looking for one from time to time for our new counter top, to use for small tea cannister and a sugar bowl. Will check out the other goodies to buy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...