Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving




Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday of mine, tied for first place with Christmas. Each year we host Thanksgiving dinner for our family. This year, we'll be one person short though. My husband's niece used to live 30 minutes away and would join us if she wasn't scheduled to work (she's a labor and delivery nurse). Now she lives across the country in Alaska. We'll miss her!

It'll be just five of us for dinner this year, but there will be plenty of food! We'll start with a selection of cheeses, crackers, herb-marinated green olives, Peppadew peppers and cornichons. Dinner will consist of turkey and gravy, stuffing, cranberry conserve, roasted Brussels sprouts, potatoes Anna, steamed green beans, carrot souffle from Trader Joe's (my husband sampled it last weekend and said it was fantastic), and corn casserole that my sister-in-law makes. For dessert, I made a traditional pumpkin pie. I'm also trying a new recipe this year: cranberry-apple cider sorbet. I'll let you know how it is. I'll also try to photograph the potato dish and share that recipe with you. It's so simple and so delicious -- and you can make it ahead of time.

My table this year is on the minimalist side. I decided against a runner and opted for a small bouquet of fresh flowers over the usual gourds and pumpkins. I bought three grocery store bouquets (two colors of small mums and mini sunflowers) and combined them into one. I'm not a very confident flower arranger, but I am pretty pleased with how this little bouquet turned out. 

My favorite glass turkey skinny taper holders from Williams-Sonoma are making their annual appearance on the table. Also, two of my glassybaby votive holders are featured this year. The one in the first photo is called Gingerbread, and the second is called Warm Gravy. Perfect color names for a holiday table! If you're looking for a unique present for that special someone, consider a glassybaby votive holder. I have six of them, each a different color. My friend, who introduced me to the Seattle-based company, owns dozens of them (it can become a bit of an addiction).

I hope you all have a very happy and peaceful Thanksgiving. Thank you for following My Little Bungalow. To those of you who leave comments, thank you for your support. I am truly grateful.
 

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a nice long weekend as well! Your menu sounds great. How did the cider sorbet turn out?

    Your table is beautiful, and your flower combo spot-on. I love your glassybabys and the simplicity of your table setting. I am with you - it's nice to change things up from year to year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cider and cranberry sorbet is delicious! I will post it soon! Thank you for the compliments. Always so nice to hear from you. Hope you're well!

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...