Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas

Hello there. Sorry, I have been remiss about posting to the blog as of late. This is a busy time of year, as you know. I had hoped to share some tasty cookie recipes (like the yummy flourless chocolate cookies I made) and show some scenes of the bungalow decorated for Christmas, but I just didn't have the opportunity until now.

Check out this adorable mini milk bottle vase holder that my manager gave me for Christmas. My husband brought home some fresh greenery that he clipped this morning while walking the dogs. I needed to refresh the Advent wreath on the dining table (photo below). I thought some branches would look pretty in these cute vases. They add a nice Christmas touch to the mudroom.



Here is this year's Advent wreath with fresh evergreens and holly berries. This will be the centerpiece for Christmas dinner. When all the candles are lit, they really put off a lot of light. I also bought three bunches of grocery store white mums and daisies for a few vases that I'll put around the house.

 

Last but not least, the Nativity scene with some texture added this year -- fake "snow" that I purchased at Pottery Barn years ago. My husband noted that snow wasn't realistic, so I replied, "Pretend it's straw." This Nativity scene (by Willow Tree) is one of my favorite things about Christmas. It's grounding and reminds me every day of what the season is about.

Wishing you and your loved ones a peaceful and happy holiday.
Claudia


9 comments:

  1. Good morning and Merry Christmas, Claudia! Everything looks wonderful! Happy to see you're in the holiday spirit.

    Haha, you made me laugh with your plastic snow! My mother has a little box of straw that she pulls out every year for the crèche. Over the MANY years, I think the many family cats have tracked most of it away, but every year she INSISTS on the straw. Baby Jesus shouldn't have it any other way...

    Right now it is snowing hard, but one of those picture-perfect snows with huge snowflakes that fall oh-so-gently, and settle on the pines and trees is a perfect Christmas display. Knowing I don't have to go out in it makes it even nicer!

    Hope you and Paul have a wonderful Christmas, and all the best in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Ann. Your snowfall sounds perfect. All the best to you and yours,
      Claudia

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful vignettes! Merry Christmas from our house to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and the boys (and the kitties)! Much love,
      Claudia

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
      Claudia

      Delete
  4. Warmest holiday wishes to you and the family!! Relax and enjoy the time off with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to put the branches in water...bet they lasted that way, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...