Monday, January 9, 2017

Winter Essentials


Every season has its essentials. Two essentials of mine in the winter months are hand sanitizer and warm socks. The hand sanitizer I'm liking now is Everyone gel sanitizer in coconut + lemon. I'm not a germaphobe, but I taught myself years ago not to touch my eyes, nose or mouth to cut down on germ transmission, and this technique really helps. I get maybe one cold a year. That being said, I sometimes use hand sanitizer after being in public places, or in church after we exchange the sign of peace -- when we shake hands with those around us. It is a lovely moment during Mass but not always practical during cold and flu season when people have been sneezing, coughing and blowing their noses! 

This product smells really good, not the typical alcohol sanitizer. It actually smells like dessert! I bought it at Whole Foods, but you can also purchase it online. Besides the pleasant scent, I like that this product line is certified non-GMO, gluten-free, cruelty free and uses no synthetic fragrances. The company website also has an informative "green glossary" guide to the ingredients in their products.


Warm, cozy socks are another winter essential for me, as my toes always seem to be cold (so does my nose, but so far I haven't come across a product for keeping it warm). Last year, or the year before, I discovered socks by World's Softest, an American company in Niota, TN, founded more than 100 years ago (two of their lines are still US made). 

I bought a pair last year and loved them, so I bought more this year: three pairs of ragg crew socks and the pair below (I don't recall the style). They were buy three, get one free at a local retail store. These socks are true to their name -- incredibly soft, comfortable and warm. A promotion on their website runs through January: save 20% when you spend $30 or more.

What are the essentials that help you get through these cold winter months? Let us know by sharing your comments below (click on "comments"). Thanks for visiting! Always nice to have you at the bungalow!   


While winter is certainly not my favorite season, but I do adore winter scene photographs. Check out my Winter board on Pinterest for some very beautiful images that will make you want to get outdoors and enjoy the snow -- or curl up inside by the fire!

Please note, this is not a sponsored post. I simply like sharing things I find to be good and useful products, ones that you might also enjoy using.

7 comments:

  1. I live in Florida, so winter isn't too much of a concern here! However, I grew up in Massachusetts and went to college in Vermont. My winter essentials are hot tea, a pom-pom hat knit by my grandmother, and a cozy throw. I am very interested in that hand sanitizer. I work with children, and have been sick more frequently this year than any year in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot! If you are looking for other USA made, durable winter socks, there is a Vermont company called "darn tough". Their socks are truly excellent and they will replace them should they get any holes. I have had three pairs for five years and had zero issues with them.
    https://darntough.com/pages/our-guarantee
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tip, Ali! Thanks for sharing this company. What a policy! I like to support US companies and particularly those who stand behind their products like that. I'll try them out!
      Claudia

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing the links to both the sanitizer and the socks! I've been looking for a more natural hand sanitizer and I too like to use some at church ;-) Best, Cari.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cari. I just read your blog post. Looks like you're just starting your blog. I look forward to more posts!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog and it's so cozy! I love blogs about simple things or pleasures about their homelife! Can't wait to read more in 2017! And I want to go back and read your past posts. Thank you! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer. So wonderful to have you as a new visitor to the Bungalow! You just made my day -- no, my week! Thanks for your lovely comment and taking the time to get in touch. I hope you enjoy past posts and future ones, too.
      Claudia

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...