Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Spinach-artichoke Dip


I'm late posting this. I meant to share it prior to the Super Bowl as a game day snack. But as I mentioned in my last post, the week leading up to the game was a busy one and left me with no time to put together a food post. 

I ended up making this spinach-artichoke dip on Super Bowl Sunday and we enjoyed it while watching the pre-game show. Then we had vegetarian tacos for dinner during the game. I will be posting about the veggie "ground beef" product I recently discovered. It's very good and will very likely become a staple in our freezer.  


Spinach-artichoke Dip

Ingredients:
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, quartered, in water, rinsed and drained
4 oz. reduced-fact cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 small clove of garlic, chopped (be sure to use a small clove, otherwise the dip will be too garlicky)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry

Directions:
1) Place half the artichokes in a food processor; add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne pepper and 3 tablespoons water. Process until smooth.

2) Add scallions, remaining artichokes, spinach and a few pinches of coarse salt. Pulse briefly. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with fresh veggies, potato chips and tortilla chips. To store, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks great. Can't wait to try this recipe. I am also very excited to learn more about the "meat" and where you buy it. I haven't had much luck with ground meat substitutes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...