Friday, April 21, 2017

Spring Planter


Here's my front porch planter that I planted on Easter Sunday. Starting at the front and going clockwise, the plants are: Super Elfin White XP impatiens, Bellinto fuchsia, 'Fishnet Stockings' coleus and asparagus fern. In the center is 'Gay's Delight' coleus.

Below is a close-up of the fuchsia with its dramatic red and white flowers, which I am hoping will attract hummingbirds to the feeder above.



Check out my previous years' planters here:  2016 / 2015 / 2014 / 2013 / 2012 / 2011

A larger, 'Dipt in Wine' coleus caught my eye at the garden shop. I planted it in this orange pot and included a couple of extra white impatiens with it.


We bought a new hummingbird feeder for the back of the house, and a suction cup hanger to put on the guest bedroom window. I hope we get some hummingbirds to visit it this summer so we can see them up close. Just inside this window is a twin bed that the dogs like to sleep on during the day. Henry enjoys looking out the window into the back yard. If hummers do come to visit the feeder, I can only imagine what Henry will think of the little birds hovering just on the other side of the window.


2 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I have two huge terracotta pots for my front porch. You've inspired me to do something very similar. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help inspire! Isn't this just a great time of year? Except for the allergies. Mine have been worse this year than ever, even though I'm on regular allergy meds. The itchy eyes are the worst!

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...