Sunday, August 6, 2017

A Simple, Greek-inspired Supper



We visited Trader Joe's after church today, and I spied these canned stuffed grape leaves, which gave me an idea for a simple, Greek-inspired supper. One that would help use up many of the cherry tomatoes I've been harvesting daily -- our one little tomato plant has been providing us with a plethora of little gems! Every day I pick a dozen or more. 

I'd never had Trader Joe's dolmas before, and they are excellent! Well priced, too! I combined them with a Mediterranean-style chickpea, tomato and feta salad (recipe here), and some cucumber spears. Delicious, simple and healthy!

I hope you're enjoying the summer. It's not over yet -- not until mid-September! I see some lake swimming in our future, and perhaps another trip to the beach. Are you one of those people who can't stand to see summer come to an end, or are you someone who can't wait for fall?

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I have six of those bumper crop cherry tomato plants going and have been giving tomatoes to everyone I see!

    We will get to the Keowee house for the eclipse week. I have no idea where summer went! It just got started and now it is gone! I think cold weather could be early by how the animals and birds are acting here in our woods so I am going to soak up every bit of warm sunshine I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a mixed bag, for me. Fall is probably my favorite season, so I'm happy to see fall come. When my kids were young I hated to see summer end as every new school year meant they were more and more grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tip! I love dolmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will check these out at Trader Joe's.
    Also love your chickpea and tomato salad. Just discovered your blog and am enjoying looking around. Lots of pictures of your lovely home, but couldn't find any kitchen pictures. Maybe I am missing something. Will keep enjoying. It is always nice to meet new people in blogland.















    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny. So nice to hear from you! How did you discover My Little Bungalow? Just curious. So, there are no photos of our kitchen because it is not a photogenic kitchen by any means. We have done nothing to it except update lighting and paint the cabinets. This is a project I dream of doing one day, but it's such a huge upheaval and a big expense. I hope that we'll get around to it before too long, and that's when I'll post before and after shots!

      I hope you enjoy perusing more of MLB.
      Claudia

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...