Sunday, October 8, 2017

A Fun Outing


I snapped a photo of this house while on a home tour a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful, warm day, and we took advantage of the free rental bikes the tour was offering. Since we were biking from house to house, instead of driving, it wasn't easy to take photos of cute houses in the neighborhood. We were having fun riding through the neighborhood, so I didn't want to keep stopping to take photos. And trying to do it while in motion is just plain hazardous. But when I saw this Tudor-style house at an intersection where we had to stop anyway, I pulled out my phone for a quick shot. It's kind of shadowy, but do you see the bench by the sidewalk, to the right of the steps? What a cute feature! While I don't usually gravitate toward Tudor-style homes (I'm more of a bungalow gal), I thought this one was really nice.


After the tour, we ate lunch at my favorite vegan restaurant; everything is organic and 100% plant based. I had mock tuna salad (walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, veggies, dulse and cashew mayo) on gluten-free bread with my favorite side, broccoli Waldorf salad (broccoli, apple, celery, walnuts, raisins and red onion tossed in a cashew mayo). Yum! My husband had a living burrito (sunflower seed "refried beans," cauliflower rice, sprouts, pico de gallo guacamole and cashew sour cream) wrapped in a collard leaf served with hot sauce, and a salad on the side. For dessert we shared a turtle pie made with chocolate, caramel, coconut and cashews in a nut crust. I can't get enough of this kind of food. It's delicious and much healthier than typical restaurant food. I wish we had this restaurant near us. Then again, maybe it's a good thing we don't -- it's pricey!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for visiting My Little Bungalow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...